College Planning (Grade 10)
We suggest that all CHS 10th graders consider the following:
- Take the PSAT seriously. Use your test results to identify areas of weakness. Concentrate on strengthening these areas before taking the PSAT again next year.
- Take the interest inventory available through Naviance.
- Evaluate your time-management skills. Make sure that you have a balance between school and extracurricular activities.
- Maintain good attendance, grades and citizenship.
- Continue to keep track of your involvement and awards in Naviance.
- Find time to read outside of class.
- If you work, begin a savings account for college.
- Re-evaluate your course selection and academic progress.
- Look into summer academic programs and service opportunities.
- If you are in a city that has a college, ride through the campus.