We suggest that all CHS 9th graders consider the following:
- Start the school year with a tentative four-year plan. Challenge yourself with appropriate honors or AP courses if recommended.
- Work hard. Remember that you begin compiling your cumulative GPA this year. Colleges will see these grades.
- Find time to read outside of class.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities. Remember to seek depth not breadth.
- Keep track of your involvement and any awards you receive on your Naviance resume. Keep samples of excellent schoolwork and copies of report cards in a folder at home.
- Before registering for next year, evaluate your courses and grades received as well as the courses for which you are recommended. Are you still on track for meeting your goals? Have your goals changed?
- Look into summer academic programs and service opportunities.