AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society. All students will:
- Have access to and success in rigorous courses, such as Advanced Placement.
- Complete a college-preparatory path.
- Enter mainstream activities of the school.
- Increase enrollment in four-year colleges.
- Become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID’s systematic approach is designed to support students and educator as they increase school-wide/system-wide learning and academic performance.
2/9/15 article: Answers for High School Parents About AVID Classes